Monday, July 13, 2015

Belgium!

I came to Belgium on Tuesday July 7, 2015. There was the Wind Farms 2015 conference in Leuven. The conference was great and I got to see many of my friends and collaborators within the wind energy community. I also got to give a presentation. It was the second to last presentation on Friday. I will now stay in Leuven visiting a collaborator until next week.

Belgium is great! The beer here is amazing and the prices are great too! As soon as I got off the train in Leuven I loved the city! There's something about it that makes it a nice and inviting city. I went to get a beer and then I went to my place. Afterwards I met with my friends and collaborators and we went out for dinner. The next 3 days were packed with great talks on wind energy and interacting with my colleagues.

The crew.

The crew again.

Me giving a talk at the conference.

Saturday we went to Bruge and then Ghent. Bruge was a very nice city and we spent most of the day there. We went on a great tour to a brewery were we saw how the Belgian beer is made. Joel and I later stopped at Ghent on the way back but we were disappointed and didn't stay too long.

I am now staying in Leuven working with a collaborator for an extra week!

Welcome to Leuven!

My first beer in Belgium!

A nice castle nearby.

Thumbs up in Brugge.

A beer after the tour.

Thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment