Thursday, June 18, 2015

EPFL

Hello friends!

I have been enjoying the EPFL campus the last couple of days. I got my monthly pass for transportation which was $72 franks, not that expensive considering how expensive everything else is around here! I came to work with Fernando Porte-Agel. I will be using some of the experimental data from experiments done by his group and run simulations of those. Also we will be discussing some ideas for future projects and collaborations. I have an office here with Joel and Max from JHU and Trey from UT Dallas.

They have a wind tunnel here at EPFL. It is quite an impressive tunnel. It is huge, and they are in the process of installing equipment to be able to do temperature control at different heights.We met with Vincent over there, a Hopkins graduate who is now doing his PhD over here.

A huge wind tunnel!

Vincent giving us the tour.


We tried a self-driving car that goes around the EPFL campus. It's part of a startup company and they test-drive their car around. It's awesome! haha

Self driving car
Us in the self driving car


1 comment: